Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coming Soon...new battlefield

Greetings everyone,
 I decided I wanted my battlefield back...so the slot car track had to go.  We're replacing all the 1950s doors in the house with new ones, SO....I've got a new table, this time I'm working right on the wood and not going thru styrofoam. I'm going to build it against the wall all around the room. I'm figuring I got about 35 feet of space in length and about 2 and a half feet in width, which frees up the center of the room. As you can see from the pics the room is quite large. I have about 40 buildings to work with.
I dont know if I'll use them all or add to them....we will see. This time around I want to make this battlefield / town as real as I possibly can.  Coming soon.














16 comments:

  1. Sounds great Captain,
    As much as I enjoy your cars and track etc I really do enjoy your ACW figures and terrain (town). look forward to your progress!
    best
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour,

    J'ai hâte de voir l'évolution de vos projets...
    Merci pour le partage de vos photos. Quel travail tout ça ! Je suis admirative.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have so much energy and creativity! The first battlefield was awesome, as was the slot car track - I can't wait to see this new battlefield!

    Kind Regards,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uncle Brian and by the way the top shot on your blog is unbelievable...I've never seen so much stuff on one table.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to see how your project unfolds. As great as the racetrack was (btw. What happened to it?) a battlefield this size will be even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moiterei...the racetrack...well the track went into a box and put away

      Delete
  5. Bring it on Captain! What a wonderful experience to watch you grow your battlefield/town from the base up - something I know I will find so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Cool. Looking forward to the new battlefield/town Captain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rodger...I'm looking foreward to mud filled roads, dead trees and burned out houses. It will look like war was hell.

      Delete
  7. Looks like someone could not handle it...Great to see it all coming back and in a new form as well.. Good luck.
    http://motorsportmodeller.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason , i wasnt into the track like I was 10 years ago and I have to much time in the miniatures to shelf the Civil Wr project. I have the room to do them both
      but I'd rather spend the time on the Civil War.

      Delete
  8. Richard:

    On a "grand scale" comes to mind when I view your work :)! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete