Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Behind a stone wall

Good evening fellow lead heads,
As most of you know my collection is 100% Civil War mainly because I have a room dedicated to my memorabilia, so for me to start any other period would seem out of place. So for the reason that I'm probably not going to get into any other period I'm trying to make what I have the best they can be.
I dont really have alot of miniatures, maybe 1000 at the most. I've redone quite a few so far in the style of using sand and gravel as vegetation. I'll continue this until both armies are complete in this fashion. I really dont want to buy more lead and not be satisfied with what I've already finished. By the time that I'm done I think they should look halfway decent (I hope). Anyways heres a few behind a stone wall.




15 comments:

  1. Brilliant Captain,
    Another cracking unit with cool basing.
    Regards
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain this has long been my favourite ACW blog I think you are well on the way to being the best.

    I wish I had your focus on one period,I seem to read a book and a new period starts!

    Best wishes
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to echo Willie's comments; great style, great figures and of course a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really nice and unique, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent again Captain. A very nice unit, way more than "halfway decent".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent stuff! I can't even read one book at a time, let alone focus on one period. I admire your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank all of you fine people for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every unit you put up simultaneously drives me to do better myself and to envy your collection. You are just amazing Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow really really nice work Captain, the wall is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea and superb execution.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is excellent ..like the others said "What a great idea"

    ReplyDelete